How to deal with depression?
Depression drains your energy, hope, and motivation, making it difficult to take the first steps that will help you to feel better. But going for a 10 minutes walk or learning a TikTok dance, for example, is something you can do in a second. And it can substantially boost your mood and energy for several hours.
- Reach out and stay connected: if it's possible do it in person
- Do what you enjoy: be nice to your body and soul, do a facemask, read a book, watch a new series
- Walk, run, swim, go up and down on the stairs, try with a little amount of exercise, you can try a Happy dance or Disney music exercise, it's like 15 minutes
- Don't skip meals, boost your vitamin level - you can try healthy options like teas, vitamin capsules and also can follow a diet which helps fighting depression
- Nature and sunlight is your friend, if you don't want company you can enjoy being outside alone too
- Educate yourself about the topic, to deal with depression in a more helpful way
- Reward yourself - even for small success
- Get up at the same time every morning - avoid sleeping during the day, to help you get back on your normal sleeping schedule
- Clean the house, flat, room you're living in
- Hug someone - doesn't matter if it's a dog or a person